If you don’t know already what is 3D Printing, read this article. Or you can even see some amazing applications of 3d printing here. 3D printing is also known as additive manufacturing. Real objects can be made using 3D printers. The object is made using successive layers of material. Designs are made in either Computer Aided Design (CAD) software or 3D animation modeling software. This design is fed to 3D printer which will read the layers from design and lay them in provided material. I think that gives the idea of how 3D printing works. Let’s see them in action. I’ve posted several 3D printing videos which are equally amazing and proves the changing landscape of manufacturing.
1) 3D Printer Prints Wrench
2) Printing a bicycle with 3D printer
3) 3D metal printing
4) 3D print your own iPhone case using Makerbot
5) 3D Printshow London
6) 3D printing a scaled down statue
7) DIY 3D printing a complex designed ball
8 ) 3D printing complex and big CAD object
9) Microsoft prototype shop using 3D printing technologies
10) Multiple objects printed simultaneously in 3D printer
11) Time lapse video of 3D printing mini Beethoven bust
12) 3D printing Android bot
That’s some amazing 3D printing videos you can watch again and again to believe the possibilities of 3D printers in additive manufacturing. I will add more 3D printing videos to this list in future.