BeesApps is a Paris-based start-up delivering iPad personal productivity solutions for business people. Founded in 2011 by David Chevenement and 3 associates, we decided to develop a professional application which could make business people more productive using their tablet. One year ago, BeesApps started developing Beesy, a smart note taking and automated task management App for iPad. BeesApps has launched Beesy on February 15th, 2012 and it is already ranked in the TOP 20 iTunes French productivity store.
- Make to-do list from meeting notes automatically
- Generate professional looking meeting minutes from notes instantly and send to participants
- Follow up of actions directly from your notes. Track action items. And this will automatically reflect in meeting minutes
Every executive knows, it’s during meetings that actions and priorities are decided. Consequently, if in meeting we can:
- take structured notes,
- generate operational actions from notes,
- generate minutes,
- provide an analysed tool,
- get an instant status about a meeting, customer, people, project
Then, we can increase managers’efficiency at work. We are really focusing on succeeding at those first steps, and make sure that note taking on iPad makes save a lot of time at work every day.
I asked some questions to Beesy team and they gladly answered them in detail. Here’s is the Q&A.
Why BeesApps’ name?
We have looked for a name which conveys productivity’s concept- bees symbolize organization and productivity – and enterprise’s concept – we like the phonetic sounding of Bees with Biz for business. Finally “Apps”, because we think that the iPad in a revolution in the way of interacting with computing which is today more intuitive and lucid. The iPad has already revolutionized reading; we think that it could also revolutionize writing by substituting with our traditional notebooks and pens.
How does Beesy work?
The essential idea of Beesy is most of people do not like to configure tasks in a tool to manage them. It takes time and it’s necessary to update them. However many people would like to be organized. By following this initial thoughts that most of actions are taken or followed up during meetings, we created an app to take notes and generate automatically To-Do lists.
Beesy solves the pain points of taking notes, writing meeting minutes etc in following manner,
- easily taking notes during meetings by structuring actions and comments by points
- reorganizing your meeting notes in function of your agenda (drag & drop)
- sending instant meeting minutes by email with a professional automated layout.
- following up on ToDo lists by browsing them by actions, people or project
- a significant save of time on task management by suppressing task configuration.
The why and hows of Beesy app
David initally founded BeesApps with three main reasons :
- iPad’s arrival is shattering our daily interaction with computing world particularly world – more touch, less click, more fun. It is particularly true for the intimacy we develop with writing.
- Since the iPad’ launch, he used it to take notes and manage my priorities but no solutions on the market helped David to manage and save time at work.
- Last, many aspect of the corporate business is currently supported by strong IT systems but management and priority management are still in their IT infancy. Beesy is a first step leverage informatal knowledge within the organization and built and organizational and management vision form the bottom-up.
Today, 6 people are working on the project. Founded by David Chevenement on November 2011, David had different positions in management field and he was the sales and international marketing manager in Locatel. During these years, David has always dreamt for a management tool which helps him to save time. David is now BeesApps’ CEO, he developed Beesy’s application and handles the evolutions of the application and sales development.
Other team members,
- Nicolas Saintagne is an expert on digital marketing and consumer analysis. He is the is the Sales manager at Synthesio. Nicolas is in charge to develop community’s testers and report their feedback.
- Christopher Mesquita is an expert in communication and digital media. He is a project manager in HighCo and Christopher is responsible for promoting BeesApps through prospects, bloggers and Appstore.
- Jean Charles Ragons is an iPhone and iPad development expert.
- Islam Ababsa and Vincent De Malherbe are two interns who help Christopher to promote BeesApps on the market, both in France and worldwide.
Beesy takes a step toward enabling IT in middle and top level management. It helps make easy day to day operations of note taking, tasks and meeting minutes. It’s available for iPad in iTunes store at price of $5.99. Go get Beesy!