Google’s Android Market where it provides platform for the developers to feature their apps, sell them and earn money through it. Android apps are preinstalled on most android devices. It also allow the users to browse and download apps through Android Market. Android Market was established on 22nd October 2008, and from the latest reports of 2010, Android market has reached 200,000 app milestones. Android market is the place where an individual can get access to lot of free apps with over 57% free downloads. Amid the many roumours of Google launching it’s own music streaming service, on April 11, 2011 it bought the Toronto (Canada ) based startup PushLife Inc. PushLife Inc is a serious player in the non-Apple mobile music apps. It’s apps helps users organize their favorite songs, share them or buy them. It also recommends songs, give extra information about artists and allow to share them on Twitter or Facebook. With PushLife in its kitty, Google will be a serious competitor to the Apple’s iTunes store. But putting all this aside, let’s see what apps are out there for Android devices which can get you shaking your leg at it’s beats or empower to edit and create music.
Pandora is the modified and personalized radio app available to stream music on your Android phone. Just start with the name of your favorite music composer or song, Pandora will create a station that plays their music and lot number of other tracks like it. It is one of the best apps for managing individual own music stations.
How to get it: Download Pandora from Android market or visit Pandora.com from your phone.
Winamp (The ultimate media player)
You might have used winamp in Laptop / PC. This is the best music managing app and loaded with lot of features for music lovers. Grab it now. The features are
- Mobilize library : This seamlessly synchronizes with your Winamp desktop library.
- Wireless Desktop Sync : It is now not required to tie your Android phone down. By enabling Wi-Fi sync just leave your cable behind.
- SHOUTcast Radio : It helps individual to extend their experience beyond their own library. Discover over 40,000 internet radio stations.
- Persistent player control : It helps to pause quickly, change tracks, manage play queue, view what is playing and access the winamp home screen.
- Play queue Management : This is a temporary track, showing the list, where individual can select easily and sort it out. If you like it, save it as a playlist.
- Widget players and short cuts : Add playlist and widget player to the android home screen and it’s possible to enable playback control from the lock screen.
- Now playing : It displays song information, album art and more. Press it and hold on the song information to interact with other apps like Pandora, you tube and Amazon MP3 store.
- Scrobblin : Scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed. It captures all your mobile listening history in real time.
Rhapsody is an application found free of cost in Android Market, It provides way to download songs from collection of 11 million songs.
If you like memorizing lyrics of your favorite songs, there is an app for that. Lyrics App is an incredible application, which allows you to get access with lyrics of the song right away while the song is playing.
Ringtone maker is very useful for creating new tone for alarm, reminder, caller tune, and other apps. It allows you to crop the tone by time line futures. It is possible to set the start and ending notes by the sliding arrows along the time line. It is possible to open the existing audio file in a scrollable wave form representation.
Three more bonus apps.
It is very powerful social music player and gained more popular among music lovers, it offers wide range of services. While you listening to the song, this app will allow you to search for lyrics, dig out lot of information about artist, album.
This App got an enormous capacity, especially when identifying a particular song. All you need to do is, just start the application and take your Android phone near the radio or Television or even sing a loud, that’s it. It will immediately discover the song and enable you to search for lyrics from internet.
Do you want to hit the inner disc jockey in you? This app will help you. With 10 band graphical equalizer, and ability to play almost all type of music format, you can modify the way you listen to your favorite tracks. It is not a completely free app, the 15 day trail is more than enough to convince you to buy the full version.
There are tons of apps available to grab you, but out of all, these apps stood out of the crowd. These apps will feed your need for music.
Image credit : Ryan Muir