Gartner analysts predict that Android will become the world’s second most popular smartphone platform by 2012, topping all platforms but Symbian. So as Android grows, so does the importance of the Android Marketplace.
Apps are what smartphones are all about and there are numerous applications available in Android Market. That includes social networking, fitness, entertainment, games, communication, lifestyle, news, media and more. Out of which I have selected some best free useful android applications for business community. I am sure you would love to have them installed in your Droid.
1. Documents To Go 3.0
If you have been using laptop/PC to manage your files and documents, you can very well do it on your own Android powered smart phone. All you need is an “Documents To Go 3.0″ installed in the phone. This landmark application is created by DataViz (Global Giant in developing applications for mobiles).
- Edit, view & create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments.
- You can even filter, sync and backup your files.
- Supported file formats include .doc,. docx,. xls,. xlsx,. ppt,. pptx.
- Supports password protected Word & Excel 97-2007 files.
- Download, view and edit your files from your Google Docs account directly in Docs.
- Mobile PDF viewer with many multi touch features like- pinch-to-zoom, animated double-tap zoom etc.
2. Days Until Widget
A simple widget which works for both scheduling your events and reminding you of events. Once you schedule any event in this widget, it will display number of days remaining for that event. So this widget, apart from managing your time also keeps notifying you for the scheduled events and this feature makes it a must have application for your Android smart phone.
- Exclude weekdays you want.
- Different colors.
- Choose event from calendar.
- Use as calendar-widget (show today’s date).
3. Metal Price Ticker
If your business is related to dealing with metals particularly Copper and Aluminium then this application is for you. Metal Price Ticker keeps you updated with the latest price of copper and aluminium anytime anywhere. The market values are listed in accordance with:-
- The published DEL stock exchange quotation (DEL = Deutsches Elektrolytkupfer für Leitzwecke or German Electrolytic High-Conductivity Copper) including a 1 percent acquisition cost for copper.
- The quotation for aluminum in cable.
The widget displays a chart showing developments and trends in the copper/aluminium markets for a period of 90 days.
4. All Expenses Paid
If you are doing any job or are in any service in which you can claim expenses then this application- “All Expenses Paid” can help you to keep record of every transaction you can claim expenses for. So with this widget in your Droid you are free from maintaining piles of receipts and and carefully checking them. You can also send your expenses details to any user specified email with this application.
- Categorize your expenses.
- Secured login.
- Record all relevant data about any expense, including purpose of the expense, amount paid, and receipt image capture.
- Email full report on any single or multiple expense to any user-specified email address.
5. Call My Meeting- Trial
This application is for the ones whose business involves lot of conferencing and meetings. Call My Meeting will search through the calendar for current and upcoming meetings. It will also provide you with the details of conference such as call details, phone no etc. Moreover Call My Meeting is a one click app so it is bound to make your time management hassle free.
6. Meet Up Demo
Well if in case you want to conduct any conference on the mobile itself, then Meet Up is for you. You can call Meet Up a mobile solution for conferences, meetings etc. All what participants would need to attend your conference or meeting is just their mobiles.
Meet Up comes with easy to use and manage GUI. It also offers numerous customization features.
7. SMS Backup and Restore
An easy to use app to backup and restore SMS messages. It has following features :-
- Automatic Scheduled Backups.
- View Backup Contents on the phone.
- Option to backup selected conversations only.
- Backups are created in XML Format on the SD Card.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats and can also be viewed on a computer.
Cab4Me is an ultimate solution to finding a cab near you. So if you have to travel a lot particularly in cabs then you surely need this app. It finds cab companies near you based on your GPS location. Apart from listing Cab companies near you, it also gives you more information about listed cab companies like- User Reviews, Contact Information, Distances from your position.
Cab4Me also comes with “Trip Calculator”- Calculates distance distance between your location and the desired location. It also calculates estimated fare that can be charged for the trip.
When it comes to applications for business then how can we forget stocks. “Stocks” is a hardcore business app for android which works on Google Finance data to show you quotes and trends in all the major markets around the world.
- Sync with Google Finance, so you’ll never lose your data.
- Touch and scroll to switch the portfolios easily.
- Up-to-date stock details and charts.
- Support markets in US, Canada, UK, HK, Japan etc.
TripIt ia a travel planner app for android. With this app you can easily organize all itineraries of your trip including flight, hotel, restaurant etc. You can also get maps and directions and make a call to airlines hotels etc all this with just a single touch of your finger.