Do you often lose your mobille phone? How important are your contact numbers to you? Does losing them and collecting again is tiring task? Then you must read this article. One of my friends, who lost his mobile phone, sent every friend he remembers an email asking them to revert back with their contact numbers. Indeed painful! It will be worst if you’re a business man or freelancer who stores valuable contact numbers of clients or leads in mobile phone, then losing it can be disastrous. But now you don’t need to worry about losing your contacts again. In this article I’ll show you how to save and synchronize your mobile contacts online safely and free. Ones you synchronize all your contacts online using Mobical service, even if you lose your cellphone, getting back them will be as easy as 123. Sometime back I wrote article about same trick using Zyb service, but Zyb is closed now. So Mobical can be your alternative to Zyb service.
Let’s see the steps to save your mobile contacts on Mobical
1) Open http://www.mobical.net
2) Check whether your phone is supported or not using link given in the right corner of page.
3) Enter desired username. Select country information and put in your mobile number. Ensure correctness of the number because they will send password via sms.
4) Once you get the password via sms, login with username and password.
5) When first time you login you’ll get “Select your phone” page. Once you choose your phone, you’ll be prompted with “Send settings” page. If you can not find your phone model then try any similar model.
6) You’ll also need passcode for the settings arrived on your phone. The passcode is provided on the page itself.
7) Now go to the synchronization settings on your phone. This may vary depend upon model and make of your phone. In sync you can see new option “Mobical”. Select and sync. All your contacts will be synced with Mobical. You can even see, edit & delete contacts from Mobical’s web interface. Cool hmm!!
Note: If you see “You’ve not synchronized a phone” in overview page even after syncing your contacts, don’t worry, the contacts are synced and can be seen through Contacts page.
That’s it! Your contacts are saved and you can synchronise them to any of your mobile phone. So now when next time you lose your mobile phone, buy a new one and just synchronise it with your Mobical account and you’ll get all the contacts in your new mobile phone!
Some other features of Mobical
- You can export all contacts in vCard 2.1 format ( Read our guide to know more about vCard )
- If you deleted any contact accidentally, you can restore it from Trashcan.
- You can even sync your google account ( contacts and calender ) with Mobical. Though I think it’s not needed as Google is itself a very good service.
Try Mobical now to free yourself from worries of losing mobile contacts again.